What it means to be human
Úplné znenie vyhlášky je TU
- This initiative aims to investigate why humans are different:
- What features make our cognitive abilities unique?
- What are the origins of these features?
- Why this question? Because:
- Today, a more integrated understanding of the human mind/brain and its specific features should allow to open up new scientific opportunities
- It provides a way to bring together cognitive sciences and related disciplinary areas that can all contribute to explore the opportunities at the interface
- Projects may have different individual objectives. However, they must address "what features make human cognitive abilities unique, and what are the origins of these features?"
- focus on higher cognitive faculties, (thinking, reasoning, using language) and individual cognitive development (in the context of social and cultural factors)
- take a comparative and evolutionary perspective
- be highly interdisciplinary
- In all cases however, the research must address the key question: why are humans different?